Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Zoológico

A few weeks ago, we went to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle for Mya's birthday. Brady and I were so excited to take her. She loved it, but I think we were expecting her to do a back flip or something, which she did not. She looked at the animals for a few seconds and then walked on, mostly interested in the dirt and leaves. We went during the off season, so we didn't get to see all the animal attractions that we would've liked to. But I have to admit, I felt kind of sorry for those animals; they were so lethargic. Maybe it was just the day, because it was a beautiful sunny, lazy day. Anyway, it was a great trip and I'm glad we were able to spend some time together as a family before all the baby drama started, which happened to be exactly one day before. (We thought maybe the zoo trip triggered the leak, but we were assured that it would have happened no matter where I would have been.)


I guess lions are always lazy, so I wasn't that worried about this guy.
Mya used her camera from Santa to take pictures of a pig, which was the one animal she was actually excited to see. Good thing they even had a pig.


I think my chin has grown faster than my baby belly during this pregnancy (honestly, I am not fishing for compliments), but at least I can lie to myself about it, thanks to this one lucky photo.

I know I'm biased, but these people are adorable!
The real Ellies of the world. See what I mean about the leaves?

4 comments:

Mugs said...

What a fun day! So glad you got it in before your bed rest. You look so pretty Sarah! I don't know what you are talking about...you and your silly notion about your chin. I just saw you in person and you look amazing.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Awesome blog. I am happy to see you blogging it up. That was an awesome day.

B.

Cort said...

Well can you blame her for loving those leaves? That one is as big as her whole face. I would like a leaf as big as my face....I just can't help it. Brady looks tan!. Love your baby belly...even though you're hiding it.

Life with the Warrens said...

the zoo is cool! sarah and emily did the same thing with all other things like random chickens walking around and play areas. they didn't care that the awesome animals were there. you look so cute with mya and you are not being biased. if you thought someone else's family was cuter then i would say you got probs!