Meet Neal--my youngest (and biggest) brother. For those of you who know Neal, you know you're always in for a real treat when you're with him. I truly admire his way of being; his favorite piece of advice to others is "be a duck," meaning, just let it roll off your back and all will be fine. Pretty good attitude--especially when you're a military man.
.
Neal just returned from his tour in Iraq last month. I think I can speak for my family when I say that we are extremely grateful for Neal's service and dedication to this country. I can't even imagine the mental and physical hardships these men and women endure, but I know it takes a special kind of person to be there. We are so lucky to have him home safe and healthy (aside from the nasty fungi growing on his feet at exponential rates). And above all, he's managed to make it back with that cheerful attitude.
.
He was able to spend a quick week here in Washington with us before going back to Alaska, where he is stationed until March, then it's off to England. (Hmm, I feel another vacation building.)
.
This kilted lad is not preparing for Halloween. Oh, no. This was his formal attire to his friend's wedding. Excellent choice. But then again, I am Scottish, and if it's not Scottish, it's crap. The pictures below are a nod to Shia LaBeouf in "Letter to Sister" and the general burliness of Scottish men everywhere.



11 comments:
Wow!! Cannot believe that is Neal all grown up. Good to hear that he is safe and sound.
I CANNOT believe that is Neal! Wow, has he changed! I will never forget the comment that he said to me when he was just a little boy... "Katy, your so hot, you make my teeth sweat!" LOL!! I love ya Neal!
He's the only man I've seen who looks good in a skirt (besides Mel Gibson). Go Neal!
YAY FOR KILTS! I'm so glad that Neil is back from Iraq safe and sound. Plus, Alaska & England sound like MUCH friendlier places to be! :)
Two thumbs up to Neil's friend for their decision to have a Scottish style wedding. Neil looks handsome in his man skirt. I'm so happy he's home, and that now you can start to plan another super sweet vacay.
I do hope that Neil's nips that fungus in the bud. I think nasty Fungus can sideline even a burly Scot.
Sarah,
I realized that I spelled Shia's name wrong on my blog after reading your post. I literally labeled him "The Beef" in French. How funny, and sorta' fitting. Heehee. I guess all those years of French have rubbed off a bit.
Camille,
The best part about Neal's kilt is that his friend didn't have a Scottish wedding. That's just what the great Scots wear as formal wear. My dad and granddad and uncles all do the same thing.
That is the best part! How cool. Kind of like Colonel in his dress blues. Very handsome!
HEy!! i have been wanting to call you since we both left the brighams! How are YOU??? Email me, veruscab@hotmail.com
call me too.. 801-897-6348
We are heading to seattle in a week for a wedding. Are you close to seattle?
talk to me girl!
verusca
yummy yum yum! you know i always had a crush on your brothers and in a kilt! hahahha little neesklee looks like he is in good humor. love the post.
Neal you should have left your blazer open to see the belt buckle. but you definetly need your own kilt.
brad
Post a Comment