Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mya Marie

I just realized that Mya is 29 months old today. I'm not really counting months anymore, I just happened to remember that today is the 25th. So, in honor of that, here are a few smiley shots of Miss My-My Marie:
.


So, what has Mya been up to these past few weeks? Well, she's getting too smart for her own good. That's such a silly saying, but it's literally true.
.
Like when she turns to me and says, "I need you, mama--RIGHT NOW!" Woah. I guess I better be a little more careful with my tone, especially because she can copy it perfectly.
.
Or for example, when she drops her cookie or something on the floor and cries because she still wants to eat it. I don't want her to eat dirty food, so I "pretend" to pick it up, but I really just grab a new one. That trick doesn't really work for her, and she's insulted that I would even try such a thing.
.
Or, when I tell her she can play as soon as she finishes her lunch and she looks at me very innocently and says, "I'm all done" in a very matter-of-fact tone with her little hands up in the air. She's got me there.
.
My favorite was the other day. We started a sticker chart for a little positive reinforcement, which was going okay, until I found her adding stickers to each square on the chart. She was very proud of herself that she had gotten so many stickers and was awaiting her reward.
.
To be honest, I'm really thankful that Mya is learning how to be clever. I guess I just need to teach her to use her powers for good. She is ever-so-independent, but I'm happy for that, too. I know that's part of her personality that she had before she came here, and I think she needs that in this day and age. There's a reason all these little children are born with such strong personalities; they need it!

4 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

hahahaha i know this behaviour and attitude. hey spelled behaviour like the british. anyhoo that miss that mya moo.

Angela said...

Sara!!
I can't believe that Mya is 29 months! What in the world??? Time really flies...huh? Anyway, she is a little doll. :) Hope you and Brady are doing well, too.
Love you!
Ange

Mugs said...

I love Mya Marie and all of her antics. She is a silly goose, and smart, smart, smart! I'm all for little ones with independence. :)

The Cannons said...

I love the "I need you mamma, RIGHT NOW!" story. That is really funny. She is very cute. At least you give her new clean cookies, I guarantee I would just pick it up off the floor and give it to Corbin. I'm kind of gross like that.
Mitzi