As some of you may know, I served my mission in San Bernardino, California. At that time, the closest temple in the area was the Los Angeles Temple. However, in 2003--on this very weekend, a monumental even took place: the Redlands Temple was dedicated, which is only a hop, skip and a jump from San Bern. My dear friend, and former companion Angela Knight and I made a very quick trip down for the dedication. I think we left on Saturday and then drove back Sunday night. That dedication was another confirmation to me of the power of missionary work--something that I felt very privileged to be a part of in that area.
I sure do miss those palms trees, hot summer days and "elote" vendors (corn on the cob in a shopping cart--mmm!).

I sure do miss those palms trees, hot summer days and "elote" vendors (corn on the cob in a shopping cart--mmm!). 
P.S. This was also the same weekend that I really started falling for Brady. You can ask Angela; I talked about him pretty much the whole time. The rest is history.
4 comments:
I remember you going to that. how cool is it to see a templo erected so close to where you were sweating it out with missionary work? hey you talking about Brady is how I imagined Bella would have been with Angela about Edward if they had gone on a longer trip than just going to Port Angeles.
How cool, Sarah! (Forgive my New York time zone confusion. I'm so glad you posted another flashback! Can't wait for next week.)I love that photo of you. I'm so glad that you were lovin' Brady on this trip, so you could come home and be my sis.
Sarah,
You are soooo cute and I miss you soooo much. I'm sorry for not writing or commenting sooner. Chalk it up to pregnancy hormones. So guess what? We are moving this Saturday to a townhouse in Farmington. I will post pics of it all when it happens, but in the meantime, would you mind if I copied, borrowed, stole your flashback Friday idea? I just love it and have some awesome old pics to post and think doing so on Friday is perfect...
Love ya
Hermana MacDaddyDonald...
I can't believe that it has been 5 years!!! What in the hud??? Anyway, thanks for the awesome memories. Man, I just love our mission! And, how grateful I am for the Redlands Temple! what an awesome blessing to have gone back for this. Tu eres la mas bella chula ever!!! Te Quiero!!!
Remember that "cheap" motel we stopped at in Vegas on the way home? I still laugh about that as I tell people of our experience.
You are the best, Presidente MacDonald!
Post a Comment