Anyway, thought I'd give a few updates since my kids are now a half year older since the last post.
Mya Moo: she's busy with ballet, which she loves. The teacher has them perform for the cute little folks at the nursing home. She also finally started preschool. There was an opening, so she will only be able to attend for two months, but that's good enough for us. She turns four in three days. I cannot believe it! I remember bringing this baby home from the hospital like it was yesterday (do I sound like a parent, or what?).

Sophie Sue: this little miss has had an onslaught of teeth. She has six teeth that showed up within two weeks of each other. Poor thing. But she's getting that big toothy grin, and she's still a happy little baby. She's crawling all over the joint, finding microscopic pieces of garbage and other such items to eat. (I never realized how hard it is to keep all the little things out of their mouth. I didn't really have this problem with Mya, because I never left her stuff laying around. But Mya leaves pennies, beads, paper, etc, all for Sophie's taking.) She, too, will be one next month. Another unbelieveable event.
It's funny to think that one year ago today, I found myself in the hospital about to give birth four months early. It was such a traumatic event for me--this whole past year, really. I can't explain it, but it's almost a bittersweet. So many worries and fears, but so many miracles (only visible now since I can look back and process everything). But I don't think I have fully processed my feelings; we've been in survival mode for so long that we are finally now just picking up the pieces. I don't mean to sound like this was a tragic experience; it wasn't, and it has all ended positive. We have been very blessed. But it was a stressful time, one that I don't fully know how to deal with yet.
Anyway, just wanted to throw that out into the universe. I can always bend the universe's ear, right? All in all, Sophie hung in there for an extra month. And now look at her. I always knew she was a fighter.
11 comments:
I can't believe how old they are! It's so good to see their faces! You can't get rid of your blog. I would miss your updates, even if it is every 5 months :)
Welcome back. We have missed you. Mya's picture is so cute and oh my Sophie is just beautiful, (they both are). Thanks for the update I really do miss your posts. I think we would love to get together with you guys this summer if we could work it out.
I, for one, am happy you've decided to blog. I love the picture of Sophie. If I have a girlie, I'll dress her in brown everyday! I'm so glad you're slowly recovering from the traumas of the year and moving on. I wonder if I feel some of the same feelings you have because I've pretty much been with my parents for a year with his health issues...which have started up again! Whew! Love you and don't give up on the blogging just yet, I'm not ready for it to die out.
So glad to see new pictures. I can't believe how big Mya is. she's adorable and so is cute little Sophie. I love how she's crossing her little hands in that picture. I'm so glad things are going well for you guys and calming down. We're moving to Boise next week, so we'll be closer and definitely have to plan a trip to visit! Michael really appreciates Brady doing the recommendation for him.
Look at those beautiful girls!!! I love it!
I am so glad to hear things are going well. Mya is so cute in her costume! We're thinking about putting Lexie in ballet, and this is giving me further encouragement.
We were wondering how your littlest was doing. The first year is the hardest. I just remember the survival mode and trying not to stress myself out too much. I still find myself occasionally worrying about things with Lexie.
love them! mya is truly going after the gold in that tutu and sophster is soooo cute and perfectly sitting like an angel. i love yous guys.
glad you're back. I've been waiting patiently. Know one says you have to have it all together. Processing is part of the process. Wow do I sound like a psychologist or what! Good thing I am one! :)
oh my stars...its a post. That puts the pressure on me to actually blog now. Thanks for raising the bar Sarah, yeah thanks.
PS cute post, and the pics are priceless
Your little girls are so cute. Time goes by too fast and they get big too fast. I can't believe it has been a year since Sophie was born. I still remember grandma Landon telling us about it. I wish we lived closer so we could see your fam more often. It was fun to see Brady at the funeral. We were saying that the last time we saw eachother was at a party at grandma L's house a couple summers ago. I believe that is the only time I have met you too. Sad. Good thing for blogs though. Hope all is well with you and your cute family.
That profile picture is beautiful!
Post a Comment