The other day, I was reading reviews and such on Amazon and one of the topics was "favorite show that was cancelled before its time." Almost every poster said Arrested Development (I fully agree), Firefly, and Roswell. I had never even heard of Roswell. So, I went over to Hulu to see what it was all about. I decided I would give the pilot one shot, and if it was cool enough, I would conform. Not even five minutes into it, I thought I was watching a spin-off of Twilight. But actually, since this show came out in 1999, Twilight would technically be a variation of Roswell. There are so many similarities. Except this time, it's an alien saving the human. There's a Rosalie type sister. There are super-powers. There is even a scene where the two are lab partners in Biology. Only the first season is on Hulu, but I'm going to watch it, I think. We'll see just how Twilight-y it becomes. Kind of makes me wonder if Stephenie Meyer was a fan of this show. Watch it here.
Monday, September 07, 2009
Ros-light / Twi-well
The other day, I was reading reviews and such on Amazon and one of the topics was "favorite show that was cancelled before its time." Almost every poster said Arrested Development (I fully agree), Firefly, and Roswell. I had never even heard of Roswell. So, I went over to Hulu to see what it was all about. I decided I would give the pilot one shot, and if it was cool enough, I would conform. Not even five minutes into it, I thought I was watching a spin-off of Twilight. But actually, since this show came out in 1999, Twilight would technically be a variation of Roswell. There are so many similarities. Except this time, it's an alien saving the human. There's a Rosalie type sister. There are super-powers. There is even a scene where the two are lab partners in Biology. Only the first season is on Hulu, but I'm going to watch it, I think. We'll see just how Twilight-y it becomes. Kind of makes me wonder if Stephenie Meyer was a fan of this show. Watch it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oooo I'm intrigued! I think I may have to follow suit!
Hmm, you know I was just thinking, what else don't I have time to get addicted to but will. I think I"ll give it a shot too, I usually have the same taste as you.
Oh man, I just checked it out a little and it has Katherine Heigel in it? I hate her, how can it be good. I'm going to have to pretend it's someone else.
Post a Comment