Saturday, June 06, 2009

Lil' Sophie Update

Little Sophie is such a little trooper. When Sophie was born she was intubated. However, she only had that tube for about 1 day. Then, she was put on a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure). Lastly, she had the little air prongs. However, last Saturday things changed.

Saturday
It was around Saturday last week that we noticed something was different. When Sarah held her, the monitors beeped more than usual.
Sunday
On Sunday, I held her and the same thing happened. This was uncommon. The hospital staff was concerned. I believe it was then they put her back on the baby CPAP.
Monday
I started back to work and got a call from Sophie’s doctor. He explained that she would go from the CPAP to being intubated again like when she was first born. It was probable that she had an infection. So, they began giving her antibiotics.
Tuesday-Thursday
They confirmed that she had an infection. They continued to treat the infection. Just like bigger people, she did not feel like doing much when she was sick.
Friday
She was able to get back to the CPAP and eventually the little air prongs. Before her nurse put the prongs in, she took Sophia’s first picture without anything hooked up to her little face. She is still receiving antibiotics, but she is doing much better than several days ago.


We appreciate all your love, support, and prayers.

9 comments:

Sarady said...

This is my very favorite picture of Sophie so far. Thanks for the blog, B. Love, S.

Mugs said...

So cute! So beautiful! So sweet!
Love Camille and Anthony and Miles

Matt, Adrea, Kaylee, Keylan said...

She is so beautiful!!! We love the updates and pictures. We love you all! Hang in there!
Love The Smith's

Cort said...

I adore her little puffy eyes. I look like that every morning! I'm so so happy to hear that she's fighting through the infection. Call me if you ever need to vent!

Life with the Warrens said...

oh my goodness!(say in a very high pitched squeal like the world's worst bus driver) i have been praying my heart out for you all and i know that little darling is gonna be stubborn and fight her way through this! she gets it from all her grandparents!

The Cannons said...

Sophie is a cute little fighter. Thanks for the update.
Mitzi

Karine said...

I am very thankful that she is doing better. She is just beautiful! Sophie looks so much like her big sister, how fun!
I can't wait to meet the sweet little peanut!
Love ya guys,
Karine

Chelsey said...

I am so grateful for your blog. whew! I would love to help in way!!!

Jared and Krista said...

Sarah - it's been a long time - Becca has your link on her page. your girls are beautiful! you have always been amazingly strong! I would love to catch up with you when life allows!