Sunday, November 30, 2008

Santa!


We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday and Santa made a guest appearance. I almost cried when Mya saw him come into the room. She stood on her chair and yelled out his name, as if to say, "Santa, I'm over her. I know you came to see me." She then jumped off her chair and ran up to him, gave him a huge hug and then walked away with a huge grin. It was the sweetest little thing in the world. I can't believe how cool it is to watch my little girl get excited about stuff like this. She reminds me every day that we have to leave cookies for Santa. She doesn't even care that he's gonna bring her presents because she asks for things like a Christmas tree or ants, so it's funny that she gets so excited. It gives me a renewed excitement for Christmas. I mean, I love Christmas, but I don't get that thrill like I did when I was six years old and sneaking into the living room at ghastly hours to peek at my presents on Christmas Eve.
P.S. I have written four new posts since November 30th, all on separate days, and it continues to post as November 30th. What the hizzy? Anyone know how to fix this stupid glitch? I am really starting to loathe blogger. It's not very user-friendly.

9 comments:

Gordita said...

Mya is a doll. Absolutely.

Jennie said...

Fun! It's so cool that she was excited! Most of the Santa posts I've seen so far this year have been teary. She is so big!

The Cannons said...

So cute. I can't wait until Corbin gets old enough to get it. I love her shirt too.
Mitzi

Anonymous said...

Awww that's so cute!! I love that she asks for ants. :)

On another note: I suggest wordpress! It's much much more user friendly, and I can help you import all your blogger posts so you don't lose anything (that's what I did too). :)

Life with the Warrens said...

maybe you broke your blog with the date thingy. now bloggy blog is gonna break you. holy cow i would give my right eye to Mya Moo go crazy after santa. my kids are the weird ones that step back as soon as he is within eye range. so weird. sarah wouldn't even sit on his lap but i have to give her credit for creeping up to him and telling him that she wanted a hoola hoop for christmas. it was funny. emily started to freak out so we kept her on the sidelines.

Hawkins Family said...

We are so jealous of your trip to Hawaii! Looks like you guys had an amazing trip. I am addressing our Christmas cards and we don't have your address. Could you email it to me? My email is JessicaAnn_006@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Mugs said...

Oh Mya!! Sarah, that is soooooo cute! What a good reminder of the magic of Christmas. This really is so much fun with little ones. Miles asks me EVERY day if Santa came and before I can answer him he says (cheerfully, in fact) "Not today. Sooooon." I hope Mya never loses that uninhibited thrill! (Or if she does, that she will at least find it again with her own kids, like us.)

Jennie said...

Thanks for adding our button friend :)

jmakasn@aim.com said...

Sarah love, that is such a cute little story of Mya. Its so fun for me to be able to be home and with my young nieces and nephews for Christmas...and I agree, it really helps get you more into the Christmas spirit when you're around kids who are so into it. My nephew Carter has written and Mailed 3 letters to Santa already. He even took it out to put it in the mailbox and put the flag up himself- I guess he doesn't trust anyone else to do it. And he told my mom that he thinks I came here to stay because he doesn't think Santa goes all the way to Hawaii, so I had to come here to get presents :-) funny/totally cute, huh? oh, (sigh)...I just love being home. Good times.
And if the world where a perfect place you would be here with me too.

well, hopefully we can talk again soon. love you and miss you!!! besos y abrazos a Mya y Brady tambien