Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's begun

I have often dreaded that inevitable day when I would be in public with my child, only to have her blurt out something truthful but rude about people she sees. While shopping this morning, Mya suddenly points her finger and lets out a huge roar of laughter, almost a cackle. I was so embarrassed when I turned around to see a sweet little Hispanic woman wearing a floor length, vibrant poncho, as Mya is still laughing and pointing. We made a mad dash for the next aisle, where I explained that her outfit is very pretty and we don't point our fingers. Several minutes later, she pointed to the guy stocking the shelf and says really loud, "that's not my daddy!"

9 comments:

Cort said...

Awesome, I think it's great to write it down like this. These stories are the best.

Mugs said...

Oh Sarah. I RHTIME (REALLY have tears in my eyes). Please, please keep posting the funny things Mya says and does. This made me laugh so hard it hurt.

Life with the Warrens said...

what can i say? she truly is your daughter! i can't tell you how many times sarah and emily have done that to me. especially when people are missing limbs.

Mugs said...

Sarah, had to tell you that Miles had a big giggle one time at a sweet little lady with an involuntary twitch in her face. He thought she was doing it just for him. ugh. I wanted to melt into the floor! Love, love you.

Life with the Warrens said...

i am still laughing at this. i can see her face. did she snort too? oh mya moo. hey give her a big kiss from me-her other mama.

Karine said...

Too funny. I know what you mean about being on edge in public with the things Mya says! Maddie always asks "butch" looking girls "are you a boy?"
I just pray I never see the person again, and try to find the humor in it later!

Sarady said...

I almost died today when Mya did it to me again. She saw an extremely obese man and said, again with a little giggle, "look mom, his tummy's big." I don't think that man appreciated it very much. Will this ever end?

The Cannons said...

That's so funny and awful. I am NOT looking forward to that. My little brother did that to a lady in our ward. She came over to my house and she was very obese and my little brother kept pointing and saying over and over "Hey mom, she's fat." Awful.
Mitzi

Anonymous said...

I can remember a time over in England when Sarah was in the shopping cart. The man behind us in line was quite large. Sarah kept saying Mommy look fat. I would say under my breath, no. which was not good because Sarah would say louder yes, fat. So I had to agree with her to shut her up. EVA