Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good Times

My dear friend Tanya came to visit me at the beginning of August for a full week. For those who may not know, Tanya and I met at Ricks in 1998, and by a heavenly miracle, we wound up as roomies. 10 years later, we are still goofing off just as much as we did back then (okay, maybe it's toned down a little).

The week she was here we were perfectly content just hanging out, watching "Hot Rod" and laughing at funny YouTube videos like this and this. We did manage to leave the house on a few occassions; but, our more eventful day was spent in Seattle where we attended Stephenie Meyer's book signing for Breaking Dawn (more on that in another post). The week went by much too fast, but it was fun while it lasted.

I am so grateful that Tanya walked into my life all those years ago. I don't know what I would do without her love and understanding. Thanks, Tanskidoodles. You are a genuine friend! And thank you for spending Jeremy's hard-earned cash to spend a mommy-less week with me!

5 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

I am the most honored mexi-jew in the world. You are too good to me! i wish i had more of jeremy's hard earned doll hairs to spend on more weeks of goofing off and being Mya's other mommy. That was so fun all the crazy nights laughing at craigslist and mcgrubber and the BU. It topped my decade. oh well having babies is pretty good too. come and see me next time! You are truly my college sweetheart. ps i know you trade marked that first. "stay sweet" and "you've got to believe to achieve".

Life with the Warrens said...

i just clicked on your links for this and this and couldn't stop laughing. the tears ran down my cheeks like crazy on both. i was singing "mama use to say" the other in the car by myself! two thumbs up on your vid choices!

Sarady said...

I still crack up at both of those. Every time. I sang "mama used to say" to Brady yesterday and we both had a good laugh and tried to recreate the dance. Thanks for reminding me about the 'Bu. Love that show.

Life with the Warrens said...

you're welky welk. we all should practice our "mama" sound like junior says it.

Cort said...

You guys are so awesome, I'm so glad you had a week together. We should do another reunion someday...I could post Flashback Friday posts of that! Whoo hoo! I too feel blessed to have had you both for roommates. I just love you two.