Thursday, February 07, 2008

9-0-2-1-hold-up...

(I think it's funny that "Andrea Zuckerman" was cut out of this photo. )

Brady and I have been indulging in one of 1990's guiltiest pleasures--you guessed it, Beverly Hills, 90210. Seriously, I don't think I've had this much fun watching TV since--well, a little show you may remember called The Office. We are in season one right now and I am amazed that this show is already 18 years old. We like the old seasons best (the newer seasons just turned into dramatic nonsense). They take us back to a simpler time of hidden politcal statements and quick, predictable resolutions. Oh, and let's not forget the newest trends in fashion--I mean, it was Beverly Hills. Here are a few of my favorite fashion statements:

The super-duper-high-waisted jeans (mom jeans) with a little peg leg at the ankle. Whoever said that those jeans were cool was sorely mistaken.

The bodysuit for girls (which I like to refer to as the adult onesie). Only the skinny-minnies could wear those, but they were so "tight".

The bold colors and designs. I think David Silver really put this one on the map with his funky DJ ways.

The skort. Face it girls, you all had at least one.

Another reason why this show is so fun to watch with Brady is because he's totally into it, too. He's a total Dylan fan and I've even heard him refer to Dylan as "the hot one."


Brandon for me, please. It's the eyes. In his younger years, he was "the hot one," but then he ruined it by his on-screen ego. Oh and I almost forgot--I love the parents. They are so dorky. Poor Cindy Walsh. She just never fit in in Beverly Hills. In the episode we watched yesterday, Cindy was waiting on a phone call for some bad news, but the only bad news she truly had coming was about her hair. Even for the '90s, they could have done something a little more appealing. Needless to say, this show is pretty entertaining. I love watching it and picking apart all the little details.

6 comments:

Mugs said...

The hot one! Oh that is killing me! I love this post S. You actually make me sort of curious about the appeal of this show. Hey, pegged pants were super. And don't knock on high waist jeans either!

Life with the Warrens said...

i loved the mention of the adult onesie. victoria secret catalog is still selling these to hopeless individuals. ps 90210 was my fave show the first season until my mom started watching it with me and made me turn it off for its adult themes.

Sarady said...

Do you know what's funny to me? My parents wouldn't let me watch this show either, (hence the major infatuation with it now)but they let us watch The Simpsons. What's up with that? TV nowadays laughs in the face of 1990 adult themes. Oh and by the way, I did have high waisted jeans. If you watch old episode of Friends, they are all wearing them, too. I am just wondering who started that fashion trend and why they thought it looked good? I guess the same person who started low rise jeans.

Cort said...

I was banned from watching 90210 for a while after someone took a pregnancy test? I don't quite remember but then I had to secretly watch it for a while. And poor steve, no one ever called him the hot one. And I couldn't understand why everyone thought Brenda was the best looking. It was Kelly, she's still the best looking (that's why I watch her other show What I like About you).

The Cannons said...

I totally had some sweet onsies back in the day. I do not think Brandon Walsh is cute, gross. We didn't have cable growing up so I have only seen random episodes but let's face it I'd probably be a big fan.
Mitzi

Jennie said...

It's nice to see that the writers strike brought such a blessing into your lives....
I miss you!