Monday, December 03, 2007

Congratulations Anthony!

Anthony was accepted to University of Buffalo--School of Nursing--Nurse Anesthesia Master's Program

I just want to let you know how proud we are of you (me especially). According to wikipedia, "Nursing is a profession focused on assisting individuals, families, and communities in attaining, maintaining, and recovering optimal health and functioning. Modern definitions of nursing define it as a science and an art that focuses on promoting quality of life as defined by persons and families, throughout their life experiences from birth to care at the end of life."

Man, you are so good at assisting individuals, your family and community. The day you called to tell us you got an interview with the program you FIRST asked Sarah about how we met and listened for like 10 minutes (it is an amazing story--j/k). You have always put others first. I think that is what makes you an excellent nurse and will make you an excellent Nurse anesthetist, besides all of your knowledge, personality, and definately your looks. It is hard to make me cry, but I feel like crying right now. I am thinking about how years ago you told me what your goal was and you kept your eye on the ball and have achieved it. You took the classes you needed at YVCC, got into WSU's program, got a job in the ICU and moved the family to Chicago, got additional training, followed the steps required for admission, brought Heavenly Father into it, and you got in. What an example! That is truly amazing. The outstanding grades you maintained are amazing. To close this talk (j/k), I wanted to paste a clip from your program below.

"Our nurse anesthetist program — which was ranked 10th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report — prepares students for the challenges they'll face as certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA).

The preparation for success begins from the very start. The small size of our accepted classes fosters a supportive, closely knit community. It also allows us to monitor carefully the abilities and progress of students to individualize clinical training experiences."

Wow! You are going to do great. You are amazing brother. We love you. Congratulations! Brady and Family.

3 comments:

Sarady said...

Brady, this is so sweet. It made me cry. What an awesome brother you are and what an awesome brother you have! You Muglestons sure are good catches.
Love,
Sarah

Mugs said...

B. This is so sweet. You made me cry too. Thank you so much. Anthony hasn't seen it yet. HE's still playing basketball. I'll have it on the screen when he walks in the door. You are a rad brother. Love Camille

Mugs said...

Brady,
You are too kind. I thank you for your words of support and encouragement. I really have had great examples on my life, including my younger brothers. I think we all have our moments in life to shine a bit and I thank you for allowing it to glow a little stornger with this post.
I love you.
Anthony