Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gender update

I've promised Brady for a long time that I would share this adorable picture with the world. And in honor our new addition arriving in August, I thought this picture was completely appropriate. If you haven't already guessed from Brady's awesome pink shirt, we are having a girl! We're really excited to have another little girl, and we're thrilled that Mya will have a sister.

Over the past several months, every time I asked Mya if I was having a boy or a girl, she always said girl. She wouldn't accept that it might be a boy, so she wasn't surprised at all when we told her. She really thinks we need to name her Mya Moo, and she's also made it clear that she will share her toys, but she will not share her Ellie Lou.

Also, for those interested, I am feeling better now that I have finally hit week 20. Not completely better, but enough to actually function again. No more IVs and no more throwing up, just a little bit of nausea--probably equivalent to the lucky normal pregnant woman's nausea.

As for other updates, there are many, but I'm going to save those for another day (hopefully sooner than two months from now).

15 comments:

Cort said...

Holy crap, I didn't know about the IV's. You poor woman with child. So when I saw the picture I thought of the Friends episode when Ross says, "It's not pink....it's salmon."

Jennie said...

Yea! Pink! Another girl! She will be the luckiest girl ever with Mya for a big sister :)

I'm so glad you are feeling better, too.

And Cortney is awesome for referencing Ross's salmon shirt. I nearly cried.

Mugs said...

Oh Sarah!! You made my day with this cute, creative post! I LOVE how you announced the gender of Mya Moo Too. You crack me up sister!! Only a true man can pull off pink like that.

Congrats on your baby girl! Sugar and spice, and everything nice. I CAN'T WAIT to meet her. I love you.

Gordita said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and that you're having a little girl and that Mya wants to name her Mya Moo and will share all her towys except her baby doll. So glad for yoU!!

The Cannons said...

Oh I'm so glad you are having another girl. I must admit my guess was a boy. I am going to have to make some cute baby booties for Mya Moo. So have you finished your bag yet? I have to make 10 for the young women. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into. I'm glad you are feeling functioning better at least. My recommendation is to indulge in Desperate Housewives season 1 from the library. That's sounds like a pregnancy treat to me.
Mitzi

warrensweetsix said...

Thats so exciting! Did you ever picture yourself having 2 little girls? Any names picked out yet? Rebecca just had another girl too. You'll have to check out her blog. Glad you are feeling better!

Karine said...

I am so elated for your family, especially Mya that she will have a little partner in crime! Sisters are the best thing in the world!
I love the picture of Brady. I think that you should blow it up to an 11"14" and matte and frame it for your living room. It truly is a timeless piece.
So happy for you and yours!
Love ya,
Karine

Hawkins Family said...

Congratulations you guys! That will be so fun to Mya to have a little sister. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better too. We are expecting too! I'm due Oct. 6th. Hope everything else is going well for you all!

Anonymous said...

im glad u are feeling better. i have checked and checked your blog a million times for any updates. it't good to have you back!

The Family said...

I've been waiting to hear about how you are doing. Finding the sex of your next baby is just icing on the cake. I hope the next few months treat you well. I'm so totally excited for you...btw, I FINALLY saw twilight. I'm so behind the rest of the world...:)I don't have your email anymore, will you email it to me elizabeth.r.etter@gmail.com xoxo

Life with the Warrens said...

yayayayayaya! another little lassie in the mugleston clan! so excited. i can't wait to snuggle her! congrats and thank goodness you can function again. give a squeeze to brady and mya moo. tell him i have always loved the pink turtle neck look on him. he is bringing sexy back with that one!

teage-and-erin said...

Yeah for no more throwing up!! I can't even tell you how excited I am for you!!!! :)

jenn said...

oh...i am bustin' a gut about that photo! hilarious! yay for pink (again). sad that you've been so sick. glad to know that you're just experiencing "normal" morning sickness now. you poor thing :(

Chelsey said...

Wahhoooo! Go Mugelstons!!!!! Girl power! Many blessings!

Cort said...

I was just thinking of you today and missing you. I know it's random but I hope you're doing alright. I miss my Sarsh!