Sunday, April 13, 2008

Clowning Around...

Last Tuesday, we went to a very low-budget, over-priced circus, and it was actually really fun. I've never been to a circus before, so I was pretty amused by all of the daring circus folk. Mya was beside herself when we first got there. I don't think I've seen her that excited before; she didn't know what to do with herself. She was shocked that a real elephant was actually in the room. That right there was worth the arm and the leg it cost just to get in. We've heard nothing but elephant talk ever since, and I think Ellie's jealous. Here are a few pictures of those crazy dare devils:
One very happy circus-goer.
I couldn't (and still can't) even climb a rope, so this was very fascinating.
One of these guys jumped off the swing into mid-air while somersaulting into the net. Kind of gets me excited for the Summer Olympics.
Same somersault guy throwing fire. No big deal.
This stunt actually made Brady and me fear for the bikers' lives. This picture only shows three of the bikers, but by the end of it all there were five, and the fifth one was ten years old. I don't really know the purpose of the girls on this act. They basically just shook their hips back and forth. Oh, and one of them climbed on top of the cage while the bikes went crazy inside.
This "big elephant," as Mya referred to him, actually stood on just two legs. Very impressive for an elephant.
The guy on top is standing on his head. I honestly think it takes a special person to be in the circus. Why anyone would attempt to stand on their head atop a pyramid of six other guys--on a hire wire--is beyond me.
During intermission, the circus offered elephant and pony rides for only a million dollars. We went with the pony ride, because it was only half-a-million. As you can see, it didn't go very well. Poor Mya. She was so excited to go on the little pony.
This has been the highlight our our spring so far. We really enjoyed ourselves. Thank you, Circus Gatti. Next stop: Ben Folds and Stephenie Meyer.
***
P.S. Does anyone else get annoyed at how dumb blogger is sometimes? When you're in preview mode it looks exactly how you set it up, then you post it and it's all messed up. Errrrrrrr! It will probably mess up this little post script, too. (Those little pictures above are supposed to be side by side.)

7 comments:

The Cannons said...

No matter what the situation is there will always be a place for women shaking their hips. Have you seen the Carl's Junior commercial with the girl riding a bull. Ridiculous. That sounds like you had tons of tun. Oh and I will NEVER be able to climb a rope. I think most girls just don't have the arm strength. The idea of climbing a rope is really absurd.
Mitzi

Life with the Warrens said...

did you know those ropes were special? that is how they can climb up them. anyhoo i wish i could have been there with you. it looked so fun. my mom always took us to the circus whenever it was in town. i really want to take the girls to one too. but why a million dollars? i can't afford that!

Mugs said...

What a fun day! Thank you for sharing it with us. Mya's expressions are priceless. You'll definitely have to hit up the circus every time it comes to town, since this is sure to be a fun memory for Mya. And for you two, as well!

Sarady said...

Oh yeah! That Carl's Jr. commercial is soooo ridiculous and really gross.

Jenny said...

Aww that looks so fun! Mya looks just like her Mama. And... Stephenie Meyer??? Are you going to a book signing? :)

Carrie Snider said...

How fun! Did you get scared by the clowns?

Unknown said...

Hey Brady and Sarah, this is Rolando V. I have been trying to get a holf o fyou guyss. Could you please call me 801.358.3214.

Thanks.