Friday, January 04, 2008

A wee bonny post...

Mya's taking a nap and I finally feel like blogging today.
*
I figured since I've been talking about the movie Twilight, I would share another "fan creation". I actually liked this movie cover best compared to the other ones. P.S. Brady just finished reading Twilight and he really liked it. He's already started New Moon.
*
And while we're on the subject, I decided to read Wuthering Heights this past week. Yes, it was Eclipse inspired. There really wasn't too much similarity between the two, but I really enjoyed reading it. It truly is a dark novel, but sometimes I like it like that. What I really loved was that I have been to Emily Bronte's home in Haworth, England and looked out across the moors. They are gorgeous and the whole time I read the book, I could imagine it exactly. I wish I had cared a little more about my adventure to Yorkshire back then, but I was 19. What can I expect?

7 comments:

Cort said...

I am so loving how many new posts from you I have to read, you're just so interesting so I'm soaking up every post! And I'm running to my library to get Wuthering Heights. Let's think of a book (that librarys have) that we can start our book club...did you see someone posted about your comment that they would like a book club too?

Sarady said...

I know, I did see that comment. I think anyone who wants to read should join. An online book club sounds pretty cool.

Mugs said...

I like that cover too! She looks very pretty and he doesn't look bad either. I'm going on record and saying that I am fully ready and willing to support these two choices. I'm so excited for the movie.

Mugs said...

I like that cover too! She looks very pretty and he doesn't look bad either. I'm going on record and saying that I am fully ready and willing to support these two choices. I'm so excited for the movie.

Jenny said...

Ooo I know how you feel! I read Wuthering Heights and it made it THAT MUCH COOLER that we were there, at the Bronte house, seeing what she saw when she wrote the book! :)

Life with the Warrens said...

loved wuthering heights. it is on my window sill right now and has been for forever right next to pride and prejudice. just couldn't find a better place for it. i'll do the book club if sarah admits that she made me watch that stupid tom hanks movie on a bet that she would read dragonlance. i watched it, she didn't read it.

jenn said...

i've been on the on-hold list for twilight at the library now for 2 weeks. i've heard so much about the books that i'm gonna read them. i would usually never choose a book like this...vampires? what? i'll let you know what i think.